There are countless ways projects and physical assets can incur an unforeseen loss or damage from human error and technical mishaps to equipment failure and natural catastrophes. Engineering Insurance covers are specially designed to address those risk exposures.
- Contractor All Risks
- Contractor Plant & Equipment
- Erection All Risks
- Deterioration of Stock
- Boiler & Machinery Insurance
Whatever your requirements we can provide innovative engineering and construction cover and inspection services tailored to your needs. We are committed to ensuring high quality service and client relationships for the long term.
Contractor All Risks
This, as the term implies, is an All Risk policy covering sudden and unforeseen physical damage to civil projects under construction insured by any cause or peril not specifically excluded under the policy.
We help our customers with comprehensive insurance that covers civil construction projects above or below ground such as residential and office buildings, hospitals, schools, theatres, roads, railways, bridges, tunnels, airports, irrigation and drainage facilities, canals and ports.
All parties involved in any way in the construction may be insured:
- Firms commissioned to carry out the work, including subcontractors
- The purchaser or owner
- Parties financing the project
The Contractor’s All Risks Insurance provides comprehensive insurance solution covering a wide range of risks to which a civil construction project is exposed to, starting from arrival of construction material at site till completion of project. This policy is extremely useful for contractors, consulting engineers, architects and financiers because it contribute to reducing the overall construction expenses offering them protection against unforeseen accidents leading to financial losses under a single policy.
Contractor Plant & Equipment
Constructional plant is susceptible to losses from a wide range of causes. For example, plant can be stolen from the Insured’s premises or a contract site, it can be damaged in transit or be destroyed by fire.
Our Contractors Plant insurance policy provides protection against the cost of unforeseen loss or damage to both owned and hired in plant.
Key features include:
- Cover for owned and hired plant, machinery and temporary buildings.
- Cover for legal liability under contract for loss or damage (including breakdown) to the hired in plant
- Cover for legal liability under contract for continuing hire charges as a result of this loss or damage.
- Additional extensions available as standard including the recovery of immobilised plant and the loss of keys. Please refer to the policy wording for a full list of extensions.
Some items of plant may require extended liability cover together with erection, dismantling and transit covers may also critical.
Erection All Risks
The Erection All Risk policy is specially designed to cover loss or damage to projects that involves erection/installation of plant, machinery and equipment ranging from erection of a single machine to a large power plant.
This is an All Risks policy covering various activities of erection/installation, testing and commissioning of plant and equipment (except specific exclusions as mentioned in the policy). It protects a contractor or employer against physical loss or damage to the contract works, construction plant and equipment or machinery. It also includes cover for damage to property of third parties and bodily damage to third parties.
Key features include:
- Cover for damage to the permanent and temporary works and free issue materials, whilst on site or in transit to and from site.
- Cover for owned and hired in plant and machinery.
- Cover for breakdown of new machinery during testing or commissioning.
- Up to 12 months cover on a restricted basis whilst on site fulfilling contractual obligations following completion of works.
- Cover for any party that is required to be a joint named insured under the contract
- Additional cover as standard including Professional fees and Debris Removal. Please refer to the policy wording for a full list of extensions
The policy can be taken out in the joint names of the contractor and the employer. This policy enables the Contractor or Employer to comply with the insurance requirements of the Contract
Deterioration of Stock
Wherever there is storage of goods in a refrigerated environment there is the risk of damage from a variety of causes. For example, there may be a failure in the power supply, impact damage caused by a forklift or simply a breakdown. This could result in a rise or fall in temperature.
Coverage insures damage to Insured Property due to deterioration, putrefaction or contamination caused by an accident notably a rise or fall in temperature as a result of:
- damage to or a fault in the refrigeration system
- damage to the structure of the cold chamber
- accidental failure of the public electricity supply to the Insured’s premises
- failure of the electrical installation connecting the refrigeration machinery and controls to the electricity supply company’s feeders.
- the action of refrigerant or refrigerant fumes that have escaped from the system.
In addition, typical policies will contain a time deductible. We always try to establish what is reasonable to both Insured and Insurer alike.
Boiler & Machinery Insurance
This form of insurance provides important mechanical breakdown coverage generally not available under any other insurance policy. A boiler and machinery policy can protect an insured against the effects of catastrophic property loss, such as steam boiler explosion or an expensive breakdown of machinery and equipment.
It’s not just the physical damage caused by the explosion or breakdown that’s of concern. While repairs are being made, valuable time and profits are lost. Business interruption coverage protects against this. Often, extra expense coverage is required to keep the business in operation regardless of cost. Consequential Damage and Refrigeration Interruption insurance protects against spoilage as the result of a breakdown. Many times these business interruptions, extra expense and spoilage losses can be much more extensive than the damage to the equipment itself.
Equally important is the valuable inspection service that boiler and machinery insurance provides. Not only does this service satisfy most jurisdictional inspection requirements, but it also benefits the insured by providing sound loss control recommendations that can help assure efficient operation and longer equipment life.
Almost every commercial business has some type of Boiler and Machinery insurance exposure. Keep in mind that mechanical breakdown coverage encompasses much more than just boilers and pressure vessels. It also can include refrigeration equipment, air conditioning equipment, various types of piping, turbines, engines, pumps, compressors, blowers, gearing, shafting, electric motors, generators, transformers and assorted other types of mechanical and electrical equipment. In fact, many policies are written for insureds who do not own or operate boilers or pressure vessels, but yet have sizable mechanical and electrical exposures.
The relationships that we have built over the years with our extensive network of insurers means that we are able to negotiate and deliver the most relevant insurance cover, not only competitively priced but also with the widest possible coverage available to match our customers’ needs.